As we’ve been following Bullet Racing through the first couple of days leading up to the Rolex 24 at Daytona, we’ve been focusing on the team and the car. As the team is resting up for the start tomorrow, I thought that maybe we should talk a bit about the cause the team is racing for.
Bullet Racing is not only an all Canadian team, it is an all volunteer team, world class drivers included. Team owner Steve Paquette is footing the bills and the team is hard at work chasing down donations for the BC Children’s Hospital. Every penny donated will go to this hospital that cares for a million sick and injured kids in British Columbia and the Yukon. Not only are they the underdog privateer team, they are also working hard to support an important charity.
Visit BulletRacing.ca to donate. You’ll find the link at the top left.
Read the team’s full press release after the break and be sure to visit The Garage often over the weekend as we keep you up to date on the team’s progress during the race.
WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re here in Daytona racing to support B.C. ChildrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Hospital as part of itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s SUPERHERO program. HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a bit more info on that:
The SUPERHERO campaign is the largest health care fundraising initiative to ever take place in the province of British Columbia. This campaign is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to show your support that will shape the future of our childrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s health.
The reason why we need to build a new ChildrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Hospital include:
– The Hospital was built 25 years ago
– It was built in a traditional style with limited space
– With a growing threat of highly infectious and often fatal diseases, todayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s children need a better environment for treatment and recovery
– Our children require larger patient rooms with extra beds so parents can stay close by during Hospital stay, providing a better healing environment for our patients
– Caregivers and surgeons also need bigger, more advanced operating rooms to accommodate more complex procedures.
Your support will go directly toward:
– The construction of a new ChildrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Hospital
– The development of our research programs
– The relocation of our child rehabilitation centre back onto our Hospital campus, providing easy access for our patients who suffer from physical disabilities
The SUPERHERO campaign will transform the delivery of pediatric care in the province of British Columbia. With your help, we can give our children this true healing environment. Please give.
For more information on how to give, please visit bulletracing.ca