This summer, Ford and Harley Davidson are kicking things up a notch with their new truck. The new 2007 F-150 Harley Davidson can be optioned with a twin screw Saleen supercharger, the same as the GT500 uses. A dual stage water to air intercooler keeps things cool and a free flowing exhaust adds the prerequisite growl. All this adds up to a whopping 450 hp and 500 pounds-feet of torque from the 5.4 liter V8.
Of course the styling includes 22 inch wheels, special striping and lots of chrome to create the Harley image. This is the ninth version of the Harley-Ford truck since the first one in 1999 and may well become the most sought after.
Full details after the break
SUPERCHARGED 2007 FORD F-150 HARLEY-DAVIDSON PACKS A POWERFUL PUNCH
* Ford F-150 supercharged 5.4-liter V-8 mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission delivers 450 horsepower and 500 pounds-feet of torque.
* Ford responds to customer demand bringing F-150 performance concept to market in eight months.
* Ford-Harley co-branding partnership flourishes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ with 60,000 pickups sold since 1999.
DEARBORN, Mich., May 23, 2007 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ America’s best-selling, most capable full-size pickup now delivers the horsepower to make it one of the most powerful half-ton pickups on the market. The 450 horsepower supercharged Ford F-150 Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Super Crew 4×2 hits the road this summer.
Born from tremendous customer reaction to the F-150 performance truck concept that was on display at the November 2006 SEMA show, the supercharged F-150 Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ packs the extra power punch that Ford truck enthusiasts have been demanding.
“Ford is the truck leader because we pay attention to what our customers want and move quickly to meet their needs,” said Ben Poore, Ford Truck group marketing manager. “They told us they wanted a performance equipped truck so we worked with Saleen to bring the supercharged F-150 Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ to market in rapid fashion.”
The supercharged F-150 Harley DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ is available in ebony black or dark amethyst with plenty of gleaming chrome, 22-inch oversized wheels and tires and a custom scalloped stripe that runs along the beltline that creates a glued-to-the-ground appearance. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â‚¬Â script runs along the bedside in three-dimensional chrome letters. Blacked-out headlamps and a unique chrome billet grille give it a distinctive, bold front-end.
Among other highlights:
* The SALEEN supercharger option is available through Ford dealers for $6500 MSRP. Base F-150 Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ pricing starts at $37,210 MSRP including $925 destination and delivery.
* The twin-screw supercharger is the same style as the one in the Shelby GT-500.
* A dual-stage water-to-air intercooler increases the superchargerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s efficiency and adds performance by cooling the intake air.
* The volume from the exhaust is cranked up into a sustained growl.
* An available gauge pod with boost (PSI) and air-charge temperature (ACT) gauges monitors the systemÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s performance.
The 2007 F-150 Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ truck is the ninth model to emerge from a Ford/Harley-DavidsonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ partnership that began in 1999. The co-branding of the two storied 104-year-old companies has proven to be a successful formula with total sales of Ford F-Series Harley-DavidsonsÃ¢â€žÂ¢ of nearly 60,000 units.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles in 200 markets across six continents. With more than 280,000 employees and more than 100 plants worldwide, the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s core and affiliated automotive brands include Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Aston Martin and Mazda. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding FordÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s products, please visit www.fordvehicles.com.
Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company for the group of companies doing business as Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Buell Motorcycle Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight street, custom and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories, apparel and general merchandise. As a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., Buell Motorcycle Company produces sport motorcycles in addition to motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. Harley-Davidson Financial Services, Inc. provides wholesale and retail financing and insurance programs to Harley-Davidson/Buell dealers and customers.