With the rebirth of The New Chrysler, the marketing gurus at Auburn Hills have their work cut out for them as they try to reinvent the brand. Cutting out in fact is exactly what they have in mind to promote the 2008 Dodge Caravan. Given that families are the most likely to be in the market for a new minivan, what better market to tackle than millions of craft obsessed Moms?
With the help of Better Homes & Gardens scrapbooking experts, Dodge will attempt to break the Guiness World Record for the World’s Largest Photo Album. How do they intend to break this cut and paste record? By inviting consumers to add their memories to Dodge Caravan Page In History album, Dodge hopes to fill a 20 page, 9 x 12 book with Caravan memories. Oh yes, that’s 9 feet by 12 feet! This is going to be one BIG photo album.
To learn how you can join the paper cutting fun, read the full press release after the break
Dodge Creates Page in Scrapbooking History by Attempting to Set a New Guinness World RecordÃ¢â€žÂ¢ for the WorldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Largest Photo Album
* WorldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s largest photo album celebrates the launch of the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with exclusive Swivel Ã¢â‚¬Ëœn GoÃ¢â€žÂ¢ seating system
* All-new minivan allows scrapbookers to stay organized while they Ã¢â‚¬Å“scrap Ã¢â‚¬Ëœn goÃ¢â‚¬Â
* World record album to measure 9 feet wide by 12 feet tall and will require two people to turn each page
* Scrapbooking expert and contributing editor for Better Homes and Gardens Scrapbooks etc., Polly Maly, to share the latest scrapping tips and trends
Auburn Hills, Mich., Aug 28, 2007 – To celebrate the mass appeal of the $2.6 billion scrapbooking hobby and the launch of the all-new 2008 Grand Caravan, the Dodge brand is taking the ordinary scrapbook to new proportions in an attempt to break the Guinness World RecordÃ¢â€žÂ¢ for the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s largest photo album. Consumers will be invited to be part of history by adding their own unique touches to the giant album using oversized embellishments.
The Dodge Minivan Page in History album, measuring approximately 9 feet wide by 12 feet tall and containing 20 pages of photographs, will commemorate the evolution of the Dodge minivan since its introduction in 1984 and showcase the latest innovation in the 2008 Grand Caravan, the Swivel Ã¢â‚¬Ëœn GoÃ¢â€žÂ¢ seating system. Swivel ‘n Go offers second row seats that swivel 180 degrees to face the third-row with a removable table that installs between the two rows, covered storage bins in the floor of the second-row, third-row uncovered storage and fold-in-the-floor third-row seating.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“In addition to being a top performer in the minivan market, the all-new 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan is setting the standard for storage and organization on the road,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Mike Accavitti, Director Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dodge Brand Marketing and Global Communications. Ã¢â‚¬Å“With its exclusive Swivel Ã¢â‚¬Ëœn GoÃ¢â€žÂ¢ seating system and table, the Dodge Grand Caravan can convert quickly and easily into the perfect scrapbooking space for busy scrapbookers Ã¢â‚¬Ëœon the go.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢Ã¢â‚¬Â
The standing world record for the largest album was set in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in 2003 and measured 3.9 feet wide by 7.8 feet tall. The new world record for the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s largest photo album will be presented at a scrapbookerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s convention in Orlando, Fla., on Thursday, Sept. 6 and remain on display through the weekend. Hundreds of registered scrapbookers will be invited to Ã¢â‚¬Å“scrapÃ¢â‚¬Â the pages of the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s largest photo album as part of the 72-hour scrap-a-thon.
Scrapbooking Tips, Tricks and Trends
Scrapbooking expert Polly Maly, contributing editor for Better Homes and Gardens Scrapbooks etc., is teaming up with Dodge to create tips to help everyone from novice to avid scrapbookers find time to get started or catch-up on scrapbooking, stay on top of the latest ways to customize pages and identify time-saving techniques.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The most difficult part of scrapbooking is actually finding the time to do it,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Maly. Ã¢â‚¬Å“For the average scrapbooker who spends approximately eight hours a week scrapbooking, the Dodge Grand Caravan, with all of its innovative storage features, really helps scrapbookers stay organized so they can easily bring their scrapbooking totes and supplies with them on the go, as they travel to scrapbooking crops or even on vacation.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Maly offers other tips to help consumers stay up-to-date on the latest scrapbooking trends, including:
* The road of life: Scrapbooking preserves the memories from the road of life, but sometimes the road turns before youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve had a chance to catch up. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let that road lead you astray. Stay current on your scrapbooking by taking your scrapping essentials with you in the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan and scrapping on the go Ã¢â‚¬â€œ during soccer practice, waiting for the carpool, during ballet lessons or while on that special vacation.
* Inspired organization: Need some inspiration for organizing your scrapping space? Head to your local discount store and cruise the kitchen and bath storage aisles for organizational ideas, including:
o Paper towel holders to hold spools of ribbon.
o Decorative glass jars to house buttons and smaller embellishments.
o Utensil jars for the perfect tool caddies.
* Organize and categorize: Whether your scrap space is a corner of your dining room table, a dedicated room in your home or your minivan, organize your supplies by category. Storing all of your embellishments, stamps, paper and tools together means more time scrapping and less time hunting for your supplies as you head out to crops. Plus, for on-the-go scrappers, the new Dodge Grand Caravan has a place for everything from the innovative in-floor or overhead storage bins to the dual glove boxes to available map pockets behind the driver and front passenger seats.
* Keep your eye on the prize: When designing a scrapbook page, decide first on the theme of your page, choose photos that will visually tell the story, then pick one focal-point photo that reinforces your page idea. To draw the viewerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s eye right where you want it, either enlarge your focal-point photo or treat it to a special position and mat it.
* DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget to live a little: Let yourself off the hook for being Ã¢â‚¬Å“behindÃ¢â‚¬Â in your scrapbooking. Give yourself credit for the memories youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve already preserved in a beautiful way, and just enjoy the creative outlet that will pay tribute to you, your family and friends for years to come. Treat yourself to a change of scenery or a mini-vacation by taking a road trip to a favorite scenic destination or a scrapping vacation in your 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, packed with all of your scrapbooking essentials and the work-space.